*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784763-What
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#784763 added June 12, 2013 at 8:26pm
Restrictions: None
What!!!
Okay, I've had enough excitement to last me quite some time now. I've been cutting the grass in the backyard (on the riding mower, thank God). I noticed this mockingbird dive-bombing something in the grass, and, yikes, these two snakes were wobbling up in the air right in front of me. Stupid me, I just kept right on mowing, swerving just enough to miss them. They were slithering all over the place with their heads arched like King Cobras. I did have sense enough to raise my feet just in case. OMG, I just about died right there on the mower! I'm surprised I didn't run into a tree. We have thirteen pine trees in our backyard. I couldn't look behind me because I was swerving to miss one of the pines so I just circled around, and that mockingbird chased those two snakes through the grass and under the fence to my neighbor's yard. The have a pool. Oh oh!

Of course, I Googled after I came inside. The snakes were black with yellow stripes, garter snakes, and probably the mockingbird has a nest with eggs that they were after, although I think the noise of the mower may have rousted them out of their hiding place. Now, I'll be thinking about snakes every time I go out in the yard *Shock*.

Well, since I'm all hot and sweaty, I must get a shower so...

until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784763-What