*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785295-Thunderous-Booms
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#785295 added June 21, 2013 at 7:35pm
Restrictions: None
Thunderous Booms!
Just after 4 this afternoon we had an explosive thunderstorm, the loudest I can ever remember hearing. Poor Mopsy ran for the hills, er, under the bed, poor kitty. The rain came straight down with lightning and thunder happening almost instantaneously, one right after the other. I was peeking out the window looking up at my tall pines in the backyard and wondering if I would see one split down the middle from a lightning strike.

The horrible noise lasted about a half hour and made me suspect that it was similar to what the Londoners heard when they were being bombed by the Germans during World War II. It was that loud with cracking blasts that sounded so close I almost ran to hide *Rolleyes*.

All is perfectly calm now, and surprisingly cool, low 80s, the landscape freshly cleansed. Maybe the sound needed cleansing, too *Smile*. I never lost power but the local news said about 500 were without.

Tomorrow I plan on visiting the library to see Mary Anna Evans, who has authored a series of mysteries (among others) with an archaeologist mc named Faye Longchamp. From info on her website, she is a very prolific and savvy author as well as a three-time mom. Gotta meet this person!

Also, I want to check out the grand opening of a new pet store in town called Earthwise Pet. Mopsy told me she needs a new toy.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785295-Thunderous-Booms