*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785297-A-week-in-Spokane
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#785297 added June 21, 2013 at 8:25pm
Restrictions: None
A week in Spokane
         Recently, I went to Spokane Washington to deliver a class at Fairchild AFB.  I loved the downtown area of Spokane, they've done a lot of work to make it appealing to all.  There is a cable car ride over Spokane Falls that is pretty cool.  But I think the high point of this visit was driving 80 miles to see the Grand Coulee Dam.  I did not realize that it is the largest cement structure in the world.  Largest in that more cement was used in erecting that than anything else!  There is enough concrete in the Grand Coulee Dam to build a highway across the United States!  It was a very impressive thing to see, but I didn't have near enough time to look at the area properly.

         Another nice place to visit in Spokane, is the Manito Park.  If you're a flower lover, this is a must visit.  The Rose Garden is very impressive, but I loved Duncan Garden a little more.  It reminded me of a garden seen in movies of medieval times.  It's about the size of a football field, and in the summer it will be covered in flowers.  Sadly, I was there a little early to enjoy that beauty, but it was still very impressive.  Next trip is to San Pedro California, and in July, I'll go to Springfield Virginia twice, with a week home between those classes.  Til then, y'all stay cool as the summer hits us, and keep on writing!

Jim

© Copyright 2013 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785297-A-week-in-Spokane