*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785517-My-weekend
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#785517 added June 25, 2013 at 9:21am
Restrictions: None
My weekend...
I got to meet Mary Anna Evans last Saturday, and her youngest daughter, Amanda. She personalized a copy of Artifacts for me. She is one of those people who has never met a stranger, and she has the great gift of gab (unlike me). But people always love to talk about themselves, and it didn't take much to get her started. She was very nice, very intelligent, and very friendly. Amanda was preparing for some kind of Latin competition. She was just as nice and friendly as her mom. The crowd was not great, but then it was 10 o'clock on a Saturday morning so that probably explains it. Too bad. It was worthwhile

Afterwards, I stopped by the pet store grand opening and actually won a prize, a nice little mat to put under Mopsy's kitty litter. And it really works, no more litter tracking *Smile*. The store was well-stocked but leaned more toward dogs than anything else. It wasn't all that big, no live pets at all. I bought Mopsy some organic greenwise treats which did not appeal to her.*Sad*.

After I got back home, I talked to my neighbor and found out she has bought a house (hoping to close on the 19th of July) in Homosassa Springs where her mom lives. She is so excited, her first house, and she is in her late forties. It has a pool which her doggies have already tried out. Quigley, the younger Lab dove right in, but Moose (sort of old with arthritis) sat on the pool steps and watched. Wish I could have seen that. Moose would make one and a half of Quigley, He is dark, dark chocolate and even though he is a nice friendly Lab, he has some features of Cujo *Shock*. Quigley, however, is the normal blonde with the ever-wagging tail and the ever-moving everything. I will be so sad to see them all leave.

Sunday I went shopping for my daughter's birthday which is July 1st. It has to be mailed so it has to be done early. That was fun because I always go to those specialty stores down here and get something she could never find where she lives. Those stores can keep me occupied for too long. One had a lot of fair trade items and was new to me, a real find.

I made sure to look at the "super moon" Sunday night, but it didn't seem any bigger than usual to me, but of course the moon is always beautiful when it is full. It is hard to imagine Americans standing on it--seems like fantasy. For some reason, I like it to seem like fantasy!

until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785517-My-weekend