*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785580-Visiting-Queen-Mary-In-San-Pedro
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#785580 added June 30, 2013 at 8:58am
Restrictions: None
Visiting Queen Mary In San Pedro
         Okay, I know the Queen Mary is actually in Long Beach, but I'm a hop-skip-and jump from there here in San Pedro.  I can see why people flock to live in this area.  You are close to Los Angeles, which many would say is the entertainment center of the world, yet away from all the congestion that exists in any large city.  This area has been improved quite a bit in recent years, and they seem to be working to bring more tourists here.  The decommissioned Battleship Iowa (BB61) is moored within walking distance of the training site, and that will be a draw to many, especially veterans.  The climate is great, an off shore breeze keeps the humidity down, pollen count low, and temperatures very moderate.  Haven't found a great Sushi bar nearby, yet.  But I did go to a nice place called the Yard House last night, as well as the Ports O'Call here in San Pedro Monday night.

         On Thursday it was pretty foggy, I could hear the foghorns sounding in the harbor warning mariners of the area.  As I looked out on to the veranda, I saw a beautiful sight, and quickly grabbed my handy camera.

** Image ID #1940859 Unavailable **


         On Friday as I was heading back to the hotel at 11 am or so, I saw this, and immediately thought of alien spacecraft arriving through clouds, much like in the movie Independence Day.  Had to snap this shot also.

** Image ID #1940860 Unavailable **



         Travel is looking busier (is that possible?), I'll be in Virginia with the State Department twice in July, but may also spend six weeks in a row traveling in late July, and all of August.  The summer is here, so stay cool and don't overexert yourself.  Til next time, keep on writing, and I'll get reviews done as often as I can.

Jim

© Copyright 2013 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785580-Visiting-Queen-Mary-In-San-Pedro