*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785593-Interesting-uh-unh-uh
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#785593 added June 26, 2013 at 1:57pm
Restrictions: None
Interesting, uh, unh-uh!
Artifacts was not as riveting as I thought it would be so last night I started a book I picked up at the library Saturday, Amy and Isabelle by Elizabeth Strout. I've read others by her, but this was her first novel. I've been on a binge of first novels lately just for curiosity's sake. I finished it about 1:45 this morning, the latest I have stayed up in I cannot remember when. I can't believe I kept my eyes open, I thought the book was that good. It is a story of emotional conflict between mother and daughter and should appeal to anyone who has an interest in this subject.

I am continuing on, slowly, with my current transcription. It is a very long one, almost three hours. The poor guy was a sailor on a gunboat on D-Day, and after a twenty-eight day leave when that was over, got sent to the Philippines, Iwo Jima, and Okinawa! And I still have another forty minutes to go. His little gunboat assisted the USS Laffey, a destroyer that was dubbed the ship that wouldn't die. Poor fellow, he is very lucky to be here!

I will go back to Artifacts though. I've never seen a book yet I couldn't finish. Maybe it will get better, and I'm sure it's just me. We all have our individual tastes in reading, but all reading is worthwhile at some level of learning. I'll report back on that one...later....maybe much later *Smile*

until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785593-Interesting-uh-unh-uh