*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/786338-Time-Traveling
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#786338 added July 7, 2013 at 11:19pm
Restrictions: None
Time Traveling?
         Wow, tonight I felt like I was transported 45 years back in time.  Arlington Heights, the small Chicago suburb I live in had its 'Frontier Days' over the July 4th weekend.  The closing concert tonight was the band "American English."  For those who have not heard them, they are a Beatles tribute band.  They started out in the black suits the Beatles wore in the early 60's, and played such songs as "I Want To Hold Your Hand", "You're Gonna Lose That Girl", "Help!", and other songs I can't remember.  There was a short break, and when they came back out, they were dressed like the Sargent Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, and sang songs from that era.  After another short break, they were out again, this time as the Beatles in their later years.  The thing that got me the most, is that they talked with English accents, and looked a lot like the Beatles!  The crowd was terrific also, dancing and singing along.  I was never lucky enough to see the real Beatles in concert, but this was good, very good.  If you get the chance (and are a Beatles fan), you need to see them.

© Copyright 2013 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/786338-Time-Traveling