*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/786946-Edging-and-stuff
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#786946 added July 17, 2013 at 1:46pm
Restrictions: None
Edging and stuff...
Yesterday afternoon, I chose the hottest time of the day to edge my curb out by the street. I guess it's around 150'.of edging. I tend to keep the driveway and sidewalk edged every time I mow the grass, but for some reason by the time I've done that, I'm too tired to do the curb. When it gets ignored for too long, it is a bitch to edge, and that is an understatement. Many of you probably have an up close and personal experience in this area. I can't be the only procrastinator here.

Anyway, it took some time and effort and I was dripping with sweat by the time I finished. I had to do it twice, using the blower in between, because there was so much sod built up and extending onto the curb. Then I had to rake up and sweep all the debris from the gutter so that it didn't float down into the storm drain and stop it up the next time it rains. Which in this neck of the woods happened to be yesterday evening.

Adding insult to injury, one of my hundred foot extension cords turned up faulty. They are so old they have some cracked outer casing and I guess some broken wires inside. I played around and re-positioned several times since I was near the end, but finally had to give up and get another cord ... more time in the hot sun.

I think one of the reasons I hate to do the curb is because I am so self-conscious. Although I don't look and I'm not sure they do, I feel like all the drivers going by are slowing down, shaking their heads, and commenting about that old lady out there in the hot sun trying to edge her curb. Then they chuckle under their breath! Oh well, that's just me *Blush*.

But I finally got finished and now it looks very pretty and manicured for another few weeks. Today I am doing a little shrub clipping. I try to spend around fifteen or twenty minutes outside then come inside to drink some water and cool off for few minutes. It keeps me going anyway. So now it's time to get back to it...

until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/786946-Edging-and-stuff