*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787681-Day-twenty-eight-weekly-review
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1940894
Originally for the 30-Day Blog Challenge. Now just a blog about a flailing mermaid
#787681 added July 28, 2013 at 1:33pm
Restrictions: None
Day twenty-eight: weekly review
Prompt for day twenty-eight: Blog. Tell us about your week. Include your favorite blog entry from your fellow challengers from the preceding week and, most importantly, why.

My weekly review:

I always find Sunday blogs tricky, since I tend to add a little of my days news in other blogs, throughout the week. So, I get to this point and find that I’m not sure what to talk about. More to the point, I don’t want to bore you, the readers! Also, I don’t feel very interesting on Sundays.

Only bits and pieces happened in the early part of the week. I took my broken, four week old, phone into the shop to see what they could do. Typically, the problem didn’t occur and it worked fine! So now I need to find time to book in to see a “genius” who will just swap it, rather than farting around.

I use a wheelchair for long distances. It isn’t an electric wheelchair but I do have power “assisted” wheels (you know, like the bikes where you pedal a little and you go double the distance?) My wheels have been away getting fixed for three months while I was using spares from the company. They finally came back in on Tuesday so I went to get them. I know the guys pretty well so I just trusted them to sort everything out and put the wheels in my car! Mistake!!

Everything went in my car and I drove off all happy. I didn’t use the wheelchair until I got to my Board Meeting in Loughborough (90 miles away) on Thursday. I opened the boot and immediately swore! Where the batteries should have been, there were yellow covers. My batteries had been in the replacement wheels I’d been using and no one had swapped them over. Long story short, Chris, somehow, managed to talk the shop into bringing the batteries all the way to Loughborough for me. It took them 7 hours but they came!

I’ve already talked about my Board meeting, on Thursday. It was long and I had no idea what was going on! I need to learn on the job. Yup that’s about it.

On Friday, I was in Loughborough again for some Athlete Mentor job. Technically, I’ve already talked about this, but it was part of my resignation prompt. So, I should put this in some context because I actually love my job and currently never want to quit.

About four times a year, us Athlete Mentors get together for training sessions. Before I get there, I always think “ugh you’re gonna make me sit, for hours, in a really hot and stuffy for really dull “training” purposes. But you know what, it always turns out to be a great day. Putting 30+ Mentors together guarantees that the day will be madder than a box of frogs!

I can say this with certainty as we are all forced to make a fool of ourselves in front of everyone. Take Friday, for example, I had to dance to and sing the following songs:

Queen - Under Pressure
Tubthumping - I Get Knocked Down
Sister Sledge - We are Family
The Jackson Five – ABC
Tina Turner - The Best

All this was in the name of team building and creativity. I cannot sing. Singing, as far as I am aware, is not in my contract! Luckily, I do not think most of my job is in my contract, so I’m clearly not bothered.

However, it did not stop there. We were then required to stand in a circle, holding hands with other mentors and attempt to get a hoola-hoop around the circle (and our bodies) without breaking the circle. It was when I found myself stuck in a hoola-hoop, whilst holding sweaty hands that I began to realise that I may never come out alive or may forever be impaled on a child’s toy.

My favourite posts of the week:

Since Fivesixer is no longer “competing” I’m not sure if its ok to use one of his blogs as a favourite, but I’m going to anyway. I think this was a favourite of the week: "This one's about famous and proud. because his entries (particularly this one) are funny and to the point. Also, I tend to find myself nodding in agreement whilst chuckling, which can only be a good thing!

My week ahead:

I thought I’d add a little bit extra in today as I will miss my weekly review next week, without 30DBC to force me to do it. I say this even though I said I didn’t like them at the start of this blog … it is more a point of sentimentality thing!

This week will be relatively quiet as I wont be working but I do have a few plans. I would like to go to the gym every day – I say this every week, but I did tell myself I’d get fit over summer so I’m going to try.
I’d like to read a few books and go see a few films at the cinema.
I do have a ton of paperwork to do too. However, that may need to wait until I can be bothered!
I need to get ready to go off to France for a week next Monday. I’m hoping I might relax properly there.

I also have masses of things to reply to here on WDC since I’ve been really slack. I want to get a fair few reviews done. In addition, I have a few ideas for contests and stories that I want to get down. However, I’ve just received a bit of criticism that wasn’t constructive AT ALL, which has made me have a bit of a wobble in terms of believing in my writing. Therefore, I shall walk away (may go to the cinema) now and will hopefully come back feeling fresh tomorrow!

© Copyright 2013 Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ (UN: frannywill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787681-Day-twenty-eight-weekly-review