*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/788187-Another-good-group
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#788187 added August 4, 2013 at 11:08am
Restrictions: None
Another good group...
I went to my memoir group meeting last Thursday and had another delightful time, over with too soon. There were nine of us, one gentleman, an invitee from the Friends Meeting House. Ann divulged the secret to our thwarted plans for meeting there this time. It seems Arnold, the member with the hearing problem who made the original suggestion, is currently unable to attend our meetings. His wife had a fall, and he must stay at home with her until she recovers. *Thumbsup* for Arnold.

The visiting Friend was friendly and even had a story to share about his young granddaughter and her interest in his aged and wrinkled hands. He laid out a lovely scene of them sitting under an old oak tree discussing the aging process with a little comedy thrown in ... very nice.

Everyone else had a story, too. Dottie hilariously told about falling off their boat, not so funny at the time, Joan related how shy she was as a child (none of us could believe that), Barbara, who has finished her memoirs, had a fictional story about letting go, Ann told another laugh-at-yourself story about being stopped for speeding on the way to the Tampa Airport, Wuni related a trip long ago to New Mexico and the Grand Canyon and trying to cope with little children, Betty told about accompanying a friend to a bar to hear the friend's band member son, who played a dance tune where everyone bumped into each other, and Penny gave a laughable rendition of all her favorite and disliked foods and why.

There is always a round of applause after the stories and lots of questions. They all liked my Uncle Nick story, and I had several pictures to pass around. The actual reading takes forty-five minutes to an hour, and then we spend an hour jabbering, much fun *Smile*.

Friday was back to normal things, mainly yard work, which, because of the heat, trickled over into Saturday and today. I continue to see bunches of hummingbirds at my feeder. I cannot believe the variety...who knew? Yes, it's pretty dull around here...but I like dull...

until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/788187-Another-good-group