*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/788322-A-visit-to-the-doc
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#788322 added August 6, 2013 at 11:04am
Restrictions: None
A visit to the doc....
I had my yearly physical yesterday and weighed in at 131.5 pounds, which according to the doc is a little hefty for my 5'2" height. Lose another five or ten pounds, she says. I am down 4.5 from last year, but she ignores that. What a Simon Legree! Plus, I quit eating meat last October. That brought a teeny smile, but then, are you getting enough protein? Yeah.

I hesitated about asking her opinion on all these moles my skin doctor is removing, but dove in anyway. She quickly and with much verbosity let me know that dysplastic atypical moles will turn into melanomas and must be removed. We agreed that I had many (20-40) suspicious tiny black dots, and she even commiserated...a little...but did not swerve from her opinion. So I am doomed to many more scars, but at least I will be breathing, hopefully.

Labs and a mammogram are scheduled for next week, but I don't anticipate any problems there. Her recommendation on my osteoporosis - continue taking my calcium and don't fall. She offered the shot, but I refused. I've read too much bad stuff about those drugs. She had no response to that so I took it to mean she agreed *Smirk*.

Afterwards I picked up some flowers and stopped by the cemetery then came home to cool off. Our heat index was over 100 degrees again yesterday with only one little shower that did nothing for the temp but make steam heat when the sun came back out. August is living up to its reputation. Please, no bad hurricanes this year....

until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/788322-A-visit-to-the-doc