*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/791128-Loving-Micro-Fiction
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#791128 added September 10, 2013 at 2:04pm
Restrictions: None
Loving Micro Fiction
I am really getting into this micro fiction thing. The little book I had to buy for my class is an anthology of short short stories (under 250 words). My first read through did not impress me at all, but the second...and the third...yes, I like them. My very favorite is this one, http://www.maryanneohara.com/story-diverging-paths-and-all-that/

Every time I read it, I find something new, and that has happened with most of the others, too.

At my critique pod group yesterday, I found out what my writing style is....folksy. Yep, that's me, if that's really a word. I read them my "Fanny" story and had everyone laughing. Who knew I was such a comedian?

And....I went to church last Sunday, first time in many moons, lots of memories there. I chatted with several "old-timers" and met some new ones, everyone very friendly. The message was on encouragement, and how important is that to all us writers, although that was not exactly the pastor's meaning *Rolleyes*. I plan on returning next Sunday. I have an invitation to lunch.

The WAG (Writer's Alliance of Gainesville) meeting Sunday afternoon featured Stephanie Smith talking about her Warpaint trilogy. Apparently, publishers love trilogies. I'd consider myself lucky to get through one book, impossible if I were thinking about two more on the back burner...yikes!

And a friend from my Life History group signed up here on wdc, historicwaldo. Please give her a shout out on her notebook if you have a chance.

Well, I am writing this while I am cooling off between shrub trimmings so I'd better get back to it.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/791128-Loving-Micro-Fiction