*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/791267-Balls-in-the-air
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#791267 added September 12, 2013 at 9:19am
Restrictions: None
Balls in the air....
Some of the stories in my Micro Fiction Class were really weird. I think I have learned how to know if it's micro fiction. The story must be read several times, very slowly, sentence by sentence...or the meaning flows out into space somewhere along with the words.

And of course as in most classes, we are told we will learn from each other by critiquing each other's stories, uh huh. Our instructor did give us a "critique theory and guide", the main observations to be on the opening, the body, the technical elements, and general observation, with several questions under each topic.

The one question that seems to wrap up the definition of micro fiction for me is "Does the story seem timeless?" Most of the ones in the class book seem that way.

I did not get to read my story, time routed out three of us. We shared copies with other members and critiquing those is part of our homework for this week.

I have so many things going on I am keeping a file folder on each one...book club, micro fiction class, WAG critique pods (3), life history group, oral history transcriptions. It is good to be busy. And did I ever mention I play the stock market every day? Yep, busy, busy.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/791267-Balls-in-the-air