*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/791630-Zumba-Gold
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#791630 added September 16, 2013 at 5:17pm
Restrictions: None
Zumba Gold!
I just got home from my first (I know I procrastinated forever) zumba gold class at the senior recreation center. I'm not sure how many of us were there, but it seemed like a hundred, a bunch anyway. An old timer (meaning she knows the ropes) next to me mentioned our instructor today was a stand-in and slightly harder to follow than the normal lady. Um huh. To begin with the music is fairly slow, the warm-up period he calls it. What it does is give a false sense of, "Yeah, I can do this; it's easy."

Fifteen minutes later I was more than ready for a drink of that bottled water I was told to bring. We were given two-minute breaks every fifteen minutes with the class lasting one hour. On the second break I needed my towel to wipe the sweat from my eyes. On the third break, I was drying my hair with it *Laugh*. Oh, and did I mention, my water was gone?

But I must say it was really fun and I plan on returning Wednesday for more torture, uh, dancing. Everyone was friendly, cracking jokes about the cute guy and his "moves", and no one paid any attention to anyone else. They were too busy concentrating on what they were doing, or not doing.

On the way there, I stopped by the library and picked up Home Spun by Leon Hale. I finished State of Wonder by Ann Patchett last night (our Book Club book) and it was a super-duper read.

i made it to church again yesterday and got invited out to lunch afterwards at Carrabba's, great salad and veggie pasta dish. One of the invitees is vegan so we had lots to talk about.

Still working on the doing part....

until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/791630-Zumba-Gold