*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794322-When-is-a-friend-more-than-a-friend
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1827046
The place to be for positive reinforcements!
#794322 added October 13, 2013 at 11:13pm
Restrictions: None
When is a friend more than a friend?
Hello my sunny pals,

Well, I have something that most people don't. I have a male friend. A male friend that likes me and enjoys my company. Not really a big deal because I love hanging out with Tom and enjoy his company. We are not a couple but because we are comfortable being around each other. We "look" like a couple.

I love our relationship and have no plans on changing it. So, it took me by surprise on Saturday night when someone commented on it. They told me I was "leading him on" he wants more than friendship from me and that I don't have very good boundaries. I was also scolded for being too touchy and loving.

It was completely true, to a point. Tom is NOT in love with me. We are not a couple and if I can't touch a friend who can I touch?? I shared everything with Tom and he laughed. He told me that most people just don't understand our friendship and that he is perfectly happy with how we act and behave in public as well as private.

I spent the entire day with him, while he text his girlfriend who couldn't join us. I would never stand in the way of his happiness or him dating. If his girlfriend has a problem with me she has never said anything. What caught me so off guard was to be judged by our behavior without knowing who we really are. It wasn't his girlfriend that attacked me last night it was another women.

It was someone I hardly know. It was someone that didn't need to come down on me about my behavior. It was a bummer that someone felt like they had to enlighten me on how to behave. Wow, I think I was in such shock last night that I didn't realize how upset I really am.

I am upset. I am an adult. I wasn't hurting anyone. Not now, not then, not ever. I am content to know that I am a loving person. I am content with who I am. I might be a flirt. I might be single and I am sure as hell not dead. I won't let another woman judge me by "her" standards.

It's good to know who I am. I am not so sure I had the right words last night, I felt attacked and defensive. I just know that if the conversation ever comes up again. I will have some questions to ask...Like why the hell do you care?

Love,
Michelle


© Copyright 2013 ShellySunshine (UN: michelleklear at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShellySunshine has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794322-When-is-a-friend-more-than-a-friend