*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794790-Oct-16
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#794790 added October 17, 2013 at 1:25pm
Restrictions: None
Oct 16
What a wonderful day this ended up to be. I wrote a bit for the NaNo Challenge but at the end of the work day I received a welcome and pleasant surprise.
The wife of one of my co-workers comes in to pick him up some evenings. We've talked about books and writing. Last week she told me about her neighbor who is a retired teacher. She is tutoring a child with disabilities. I asked if Diane might ask her friend if she would be willing to do some pro bono work and read my novel and do some editing or just tell me what she thinks. Diane said she'd ask her.
She came to my desk with a piece of paper and said she talked to her friends and gave them an idea. What if their book club took my novel on as a project.
WOW! I was amazed, surprised and excited! I said, "YES! Of Course.  She asked me to send a my bio and a synop about the book to the leader, Diane's teacher friend. She will contact the book club members to see if they want to do the project.  Diane said she proposed it to her friend who thought it was a great idea and something different. They would be helping a writer instead of just reviewing a book amoung themselves.
Yea! I'm so happy so have an unbiased group read the story and rip it appart. That's what makes me a better writer and maybe even get it published in 2014!!


             

© Copyright 2013 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794790-Oct-16