*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795565-The-honeymoon-is-over
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1827046
The place to be for positive reinforcements!
#795565 added October 24, 2013 at 10:23am
Restrictions: None
The honeymoon is over.
Hello my sunny pals,

The honeymoon is over and the reality is setting in. No more Miss Nice Mom! I have to keep pushing for change. I am cool with that. If I don't expect better who will? Whenever Jackson starts a new medication his behavior improves. Then the reality sets in and he gets comfortable and tries to revert back to old behavior patterns.

This year it's a major change at school and home. I am done feeling like I have to baby him. I am done feeling like his behavior can trump mine. I am not sure that I always handle it in the best way. I know that I don't always say the right thing and my own words need to be confined. So what! I am the MOM!

I love being the MOM!

I can say what needs to be said. I can say NO. I can expect you to be the bigger parent and go along and support me. I am tired of being thrown under the bus every time you get a chance. Guess what, we created this problem together and we have to solve it together. You don't get away with parenting differently just because your divorced and make more money.

I needed to say that. It's not like my ex reads my blog or even listens too me anymore. SO I express this for me. I need the reminder. I need to say it. I need to remind myself that I am ok. I am doing the best I can and will continue to do my part for as long as I can.

Today is my last session with my therapist. I can no longer afford to see him. I will use my journal to express my deep thoughts and continue to find positive outlets for all my energy. One beautiful day at a time!

Love,
Michelle

© Copyright 2013 ShellySunshine (UN: michelleklear at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShellySunshine has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795565-The-honeymoon-is-over