*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/796895-Lil-Sis--Big-Sis
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1910923
Looks like I may have a ton of these, so this is collection 1 of Reflections
#796895 added November 4, 2013 at 11:37pm
Restrictions: None
Lil Sis = Big Sis!
Awww, I marvel at my lil sis sometimes..... FB Post 10/22/13

I think it's kind of sad that I even have to make one of these but yeah, here we go.

I am 19 years. I am almost 20. That means I am not a child anymore and that my business is just that; Mine. It means that every little thing I post and every little thing I do does not need to be reported to my Mother. If you find something I post offensive, or a picture I post a little provocative, I feel that I'm old enough and mature enough (and so are you) to come to me and talk to me like I'm a reasonable person. Not go behind my back and report on me to my mother. Recently, my mother came to me and said that someone had come to her and said that I was posting pictures and statuses on my wall that indicated that I'm gay.

Lot of things wrong with that.
First of all whether I'm gay or not is not my mother's business. Whether I'm straight is not her business. Whether I am sexually active, or still a virgin or getting a sex change or even contemplating being a hermit for the rest of my natural life is not her business. And it certainly isn't your job to go and tell her. I did not make this godawful drama fest called Facebook so you could try and make me seem like some sort of hussy to my mom because you're jealous, spiteful because I'm not a problem child like your kids are, or even doing it because you're bored. I made it to stay in contact with family and friends and post stupid things to make people laugh. The only thing most of the family I've added has done is gone and tattled to my mom about everything little thing I post. "Did you see her picture?", "I can't believe she said that!", "What is she wearing, she looks trashy." When I very kindly showed it my mom, she either states, "There's nothing wrong with that, I thought it was much worse!" or "Well Sabrena that is a little out there. You should remove it." And I did. Because I'm not a stupid immature little girl who can't make rational decisions for herself. And if you had come to me with this argument I would have done it. My siblings do it. I posted a picture and they told me it was too far and it was gone immediately.

And sadly, the family who reports on me never says anything to me. They don't message or call to ask how I'm doing. They try and get me in trouble and then go about there business. I've already deleted a few family members because of this and I'm probably going to delete more.

This should have never become a problem to begin with.


Comments:
Ashley Faith Sorry you had to do this too but you did the RIGHT thing. No cursing, no attitude, just straight up maturity. I wanna be like you when I grow up!!! #rolemodel
2 hours ago · Like

Ashley Faith btw, I might edit this and make it public, so those who aren't your FB friends know why they're blocked
2 hours ago · Like

Sabrena Woodard Lol! You're so awesome Ashley! And thanks. Not everyone agrees with you.
Yeah, before I got rid of them I made it so they could all see it for a while then deleted them.

© Copyright 2013 A*Monaing*Faith (UN: afaith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
A*Monaing*Faith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/796895-Lil-Sis--Big-Sis