*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798757-One-of-those-local-secrets
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#798757 added November 26, 2013 at 2:27am
Restrictions: None
One of those local secrets...
Every area / region has some touristy things that nobody gets to see, unless they stumble on the advertisement somewhere, or a friend tells them that's already visited the attraction.
Some of these places are guarded jealously by those whose grandparents grew up there. Only the elite, only those worthy, only the crusted on locals can direct you to these off limits destinations.

PRIVATE PROPERTY. NO TRESPASSING.

EVERYTHING YOU MAY THINK OF DOING OR THINKING IS PROHIBITED FROM THIS POINT ON.

NO ACCESS TO ANYONE LIVING OR DEAD, SINCE 1978

I've harped on, with this local knowlege monotone before. It's because, for some of us ordinary, average at everything people, the exclusive home town club is the only thing we have in any way superiour to anyone else.

And I don't live anywhere near my home town. So...I guess the subject sort of trails off uncertainly there, a weak ending to a diluted idea of knowlege withheld from those with the best reason to receive it.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Discover-The-Leven-Ulverstone-Tasmania/1875858646...

I feel annoyed that information, or objects or whatever, on this earth that should belong to everyone, to all inhabitants universally, black, white, yellow, olive skinned or green with purple spots.

For example. And I know that some information costs researchers to get it, to store it and keep it up to date and accurate for multiple users.

So there is the Internation Standards for things. I'm thinking electrical wiring standards, and safety test and tagging standards for starters.
These should be freely available, the rules, the laws. A person who is very poor should not have to pay for something that everyone has a right to, that's common knowlege and not only that, its something required by law that the trady in question KNOW and COMPLY with.

Another withheld bit of info or objects is SEED. There are major problems happening with the earth, and all of us humans, right now that originate with huge corporations that are out of control.
A law in New Zealand that in effect bans ordinary people from growing their own food, unless they use certified seed. (That just so happens to be only available from Monsanto or whoever it is)

Well, one thing they haven't stopped people from doing yet, is eating noodles.

Sparky




© Copyright 2013 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798757-One-of-those-local-secrets