*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798932-Forgetting-what-they-did-last-paragraph
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#798932 added November 29, 2013 at 2:14am
Restrictions: None
Forgetting what they did last paragraph
Not sure where others are with this, but I have a couple of chapters to go, some good stuff in there, but am struggling with vagueness!

Do you have this difficulty?

You know the basics of what you want to say in the chapter, but halfway through you have a wickedly fun idea, something to flow, something that links to earlier, and links to later, and then you can wave a magic wand at the end, and the reader will be, like, ohhhhhhh! THAT'S what they did that for way back in the story. THAT'S why that happened and this happend, and all the mystery is solved, and I was a doofus not seeing all this before.

Oh how clever this author is! Oh, I'll buy their book, recommend it every day to all my friends, I'll remember this writer forever and...

But that's if I could remember what the clever idea was, if I could remember that sneaky turn, that spiral of funky plot, that gizmoish backflip where the main character was really the missing twin of the other character who had faked their death and now they are all not who the reader thought they were and so the main thrust of the plot is a double reversed bluff.

Yes, it's simple. I forget that I had this devious idea that would confound the most astute book freak, and render them speechless at the end in amazement.

I know its all meant to be listed in their character inventory and all that stuff. But this was seat of the pants EUREKA! moments when I was modding the whole thing on my iPhone while trying to book a computer at the library, and being rung by my wife, spoked to by a friend, dropping a library book, and my phone nearly flat.

Anyway, here's what I wrote this morning, sitting having an egg and bacon toasted sandwich, in The Limetree Cafe.

 
STATIC
NaNoWri-what?  (E)
The feeling you are left with, afterwards, does wonders for your confidence...I did it!
#1964633 by Sparky



© Copyright 2013 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798932-Forgetting-what-they-did-last-paragraph