*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799002-Is-it-to-alcohol-or-not-to-alcoholis-that-not-that-is
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#799002 added November 30, 2013 at 12:51am
Restrictions: None
Is it to alcohol or not to alcohol...is that not that is?
Bad words are one thing, Vsauce. Confused Authors? That's entirely different in the great Universal Black Hole sense of the word.



I feel cross! I feel like using bad words when I've crossed the line. Or I've been double crossed by a line I shouldn't have crossed. (Crossing myself here at this point)

Maybe I should have just stuck to using crossword puzzles.

Ok, I'm confused as anyfink (Charlie, one of my characters speech style).

You know when you put a sentence in a chapter that stuffs up the timeline completely?

I have to reread four or five chapters again, alone, quietly and focussed to find the reason why i suddenly have all my characters doing something impossible.

Maybe the sentence has to be sliced out. Why did I put it there anyway? Was I feeling off my face at the time, at 1:45am when you realise that you've been staring at the screen and everyone's gone to bed hours ago. And you can't remember why you wrote that sentence.

I've strayed. I'll have to admit it to everyone publicly here. I've strayed in straya (Australia)
My chapters were nailed down as THIS, and I've been digging my toes in, trying to stop Chapter Creep.

Chapter Creep is a bit like Inflationary Creep. When the line or watershed cut off point of something has so much pressure applied that the border, or limit is slowly and incrimentally moved along.

This has happened to me for three or four chapters now. I just can't seem to pull in that major scene that the chapter was supposed to encapsulate. Yes, it was Nano, and I wasn't concentrating on that stuff was I? Didn't we all have permission to don the creativity hat and just go for it? Forget the rules, pretty much, forget grammar, forget a lot of things for the moment, not altogether but just swing that focus around to concentrate on getting the overall story across, the drama, the events, the incidents, the moments of weeping, the crouching waiting, the whispering, the door slamming knuckle grazing rage, the..

Anyway, I have this little gem I found today, on re reading one of my chapters. I don't think I could have done this on purpose. *Laugh*

No alcohol was usually forbidden, an automatic no-no along with the other usual workplace safety guidelines.

*Silent*

Sparky


© Copyright 2013 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799002-Is-it-to-alcohol-or-not-to-alcoholis-that-not-that-is