*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799084-Its-relevant-to-meIt-is-It-really-is
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#799084 added December 1, 2013 at 3:08am
Restrictions: None
It's relevant to me...It is! It really is...
I thought it might be a lark (old fashioned term eh? *Cool* ) to stick some random bits into a blog entry to make an example of someone('s stupidity probably) and the sort of stuff you delve into as a writer of the good ol' novel.

Sometimes I catch myself talking as if I was a published, sucessful author of reknown who thought he was showing / hedgumacating newbie writers into his seasoned, experienced, wise owl style of writing stories.

Sometimes, I see it very clearly, and think, dude, tone it down! You haven't even completed ONE novel yet, properly. You struggle with COMMITTMENT. and as for advising others as if you were the great mountain man, a prophet sitting cross legged in an ancient iconic position ready to dole out something of amazing insight to every miserable humble and timid person who would dare to think of writing a story, or writing anything, mate just close your gob and keep out of sight. Keep a low profile, keep under the radar, and keep your head down.
If someone serious, like a published millionaire novelist like J K Rowling, or Dean Koontz, or William Shakespeare (If he wasn't dead) came along, they'd probably go Pfftt! at my blog and my antics.

But, like all other writers everywhere, I have to ignore the voice of reason. Because let's face it, we all have doubts, we all have those voices saying idiot, for even entertining an idea that we might happen to be the greatest novelist since Edgar Allan Poe.

Below are some photos I took recently, that represent exact scenes from my first novel that I have finished, but haven't yet finished editing.

The spooky thing is, each of these pics are really what I imagined in my head when I was writing, then when I went there, every detail was exactly right. My memory isn't so good, so for all these details to fit so well was kind of creepy.
The fact that it was in a cemetary, close to a school, school children, plus an old turn of the century house didn't help the goosebumps factor.

Yep, it's all grist for the mill for novelists!



What is a very large computer. A ginormous hugeantic big butt blow your mind mainframe?

http://www.cray.com/Home.aspx

Does the main jail in Mumbai have surveilance cameras in their cells, or anywhere?

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-06-19/mumbai/32316466_1_cctv-ca...

At what frequency do adults begin to lose auditory sensing, yet children (under 25 anyway) can still hear these tones?

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread552771/pg1

And this little hot off the press Vsauce foodie info



Ok, the vid has nothing to do with my novel. I just enjoyed it. *Pthb*

Sparky

© Copyright 2013 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799084-Its-relevant-to-meIt-is-It-really-is