*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799243-A-good-day-for-your-last-entry-is-it
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#799243 added December 3, 2013 at 2:01am
Restrictions: None
A good day for your last entry is it?
When you drive along the highway, in your vehicle, whatever it consists of, from horse and cart, on foot etc, right up through to truck, semi-trailer etc, none of us expect the next accident victim to be us, do we?
Yes we all have that realistic view I suppose, that it's all possible, we know the facts of life and of death. We perhaps have our wills written up, maybe grave plots purchased, life insurance, death cover, accident indemnity, worksafe insurance for employees, the list goes on.

But lets just stop with all that obvious stuff.

Let's be sitting IN that vehicle, belting down the main road of wherever, with other vehicles all hurtling along, farmers in their tray backs, barking dogs all lolling and shouting obscenities to other dogs in other passing motor vehicles, and not one of us feels that we'll be dead in a few minutes time.

I remember the advertisement I saw once, a photo of a bad car accident. It wasn't that graphical but...there was blood.
And on the highway, half open and shattered, with the last text message still readable, was a mobile phone (cell phone)
The message read,
See you soon.

My father came upon an accident once, just on the approach to a bridge, a black spot area and the car was there overturned. My dad was the second one there, and neither bloke had to rush. They looked in the car, which ironically was covered inside, in tomato sauce (who knows why), and I'm not cracking a morbid joke here, it really was tomato sauce, mabye smashed groceries?
Both victims were still in their seatbelts, hanging upside down and their bodies completely lifeless.

When dad came home (he would be away for a couple weeks sometimes, shearing sheep for a contractor) he was upset for a few days about this, and still talks about it very soberly. It shook him up a lot. The finality, and people's groceries, all mixed in together. No dignity.

There was another time my brother in law was awakened by a huge noise one morning; they lived on a main road in Sydney, and it was Sunday morning. Not much traffic very early, but a motorcyclist had T boned a car, at a set of lights outside their house. He went out to have a look.
The body of the bikie was covered in a blanket, ambulance and police there, hanging around doing whatever they do, radio static, you know the scene.
A lady kept saying to my bro, why don't they do something?? Pointing to the victim's body.

This may be a morbid blog, but that's how it is with car accidents. Will you have your accident on Tuesday at 11:23 am, on the way to Golf? Is that how it will be? What will be your stomach contents? Will you have wasted a new pair of shoes, damaged in the crash?

Today's crash we saw.




Sparky



Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2013 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799243-A-good-day-for-your-last-entry-is-it