*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801822-New-Years-dayweek-in-Redmond-OR
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#801822 added January 2, 2014 at 12:29pm
Restrictions: None
New Year's day/week in Redmond, OR
Happy New Year 2014!
I've said it and written it a number of times and it seems odd to write that number. I remember the song that starts, "In the year 2525, if man is still alive..."
I laughed and thought, 'No Way" The lord will have come by then and I won't be around even half that time.'
Here I am in beautiful Redmond, Oregon. My boss' house had a water line break a few times due the extreme cold weather and for weeks (2-3) water completely flooded the crawl space and the main floor. My wonderful, talented husband, who is their resident, on call maintenance man (former award winning home builder in MN) is now, along with my favorite cousin, crawling under the house to remove the duct work. Others are scraping the foam insulation that is too saturated to leave on. I am working from the second floor office. Ariel my dog is at my feet. Right now life is good. Ah! I forgot my espresso at my right hand. Just a floor down I can make more.

That being said, at the back of my mind is the state of my father. He and my mother arrived from their home (2 hrs away at the coast) to stay at my house. His health took a nose. We are pretty sure he has a slight stroke as his right leg won't hold weight or work very well. He had been able to get up and walk on Sat, but when we returned from packing their immediate needs to move to their apartment he hasn't moved much off the couch. He sleeps or at least he has his eyes closed but answers. When Wheel of Fortune was over and I asked mom if there was something else on. He pipes up Jeopordy. So we watched Jeopordy.
Since I don't have good bathing facilities on the main floor, we moved them to their apartment. My sister, is their primary care giver and is going to their place every day to check on them, fix them their meals and monitor dad.
Confident in her care, I took off with the men to this beautiful home that has been nuded and now has to have a DNC, repacked with new foam insulation, new flooring and carpet.
       


             

© Copyright 2014 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801822-New-Years-dayweek-in-Redmond-OR