*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803467-Spaced-out-from-the-blood-pressure-of-reducing-synopsis
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#803467 added January 16, 2014 at 3:18am
Restrictions: None
Spaced out from the blood pressure of reducing synopsis
The world's population seems to be slowly changing attitude, and moving towards a willingness, or strong desire live in smaller dwellings.

Have you noticed the trend towards micro dwellings, minimising our use of resources to an extreme level.

I'm all for it, but I note that consumerism is still way up in the red, and real green activity, REAL efforts towards saving the planet, and protecting it, and using less of it, are not exactly encouraged by the powers that be, even the movements that purport to have these objectives as their main focus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nljmEUeLbY&feature=share&list=FLrEtwvIUBUxNK4gXo...

This demonstrates some initiative towards less, while still maintaining liveability.

If you look on youtube you can find a lot about micro housing, a movement that is growing, but I'm not sure it will last. Ok for very small families or individuals / coupes, but...

http://youtu.be/cWnFgpiCrQo

While appealing in some senses, I find it interesting to apply the same ideas to writing. Today I reduced an 800 word synopsis down to a stipulated 300.
At first I felt annoyed. How could I possibly reduce the vital and convincing detail of my novel, every movement and twist, to just that many? It seemed impossible.
But the further I went on with it, the more I saw stuff that glared at me. NOT NECESSARY to summarise the story.

I'm thinking it was a good exercise for me, and I'll be well and truly ready next week to apply the same lesson to both my novels.

Can't wait!

Sparky

Quills Sig

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803467-Spaced-out-from-the-blood-pressure-of-reducing-synopsis