*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803602-Just-let-people-get-on-with-their-lives-freely-will-you
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#803602 added January 17, 2014 at 3:54am
Restrictions: None
Just let people get on with their lives, freely, will you?
A few blogs back I think I mentioned Yulia Tymoshenko, the ex PM of Ukraine who was imprisoned by her incoming political adversaries in what appears to be becoming more clearly a corrupt and kangaroo court style human rights breach.

Over 100,000 people seem to think so, and I would also have added my signature to this except it was one of those days when I'd forgotten an email password and I couldn't make an account on the petition site because..oh look, just forget it. It didn't happen, and then I forgot about it.

This woman is to be supported; that's what the poet and author Lyubov Sirota feels. While there will always be vigorous and vicious debate about things like this, I can only go with my gut. People who are innocent don't have to make a great song and dance.
Unlike the current mob in power apparently, who are pulling out all stops to make the Euromaiden protest look bad, illegal, stupid and amateur.

https://www.facebook.com/EuroMaydan

I note in every video and picture I have seen of this protest, most of those participating are elderly or ordinary family citizens. Ukrainians. And it seems, although I don't understand the language, whatever is happening, these people are serious enough to be risking their lives in bare faced open protest.

Folks, it's fairly obvious, you don't disagree with governments there. They play for keeps. It's not a game. It's not in our own countries either, but hey, we aren't out on the street right now, these folks are. Some are getting bashed.

And for these people in such huge numbers coming out to say no to whatever is corrupt and whoever is trying to screw over their own countries citizens, be it Russian, Ukraine or is it Religious Extremist influences trying to destabilise and bring brother fighting against brother(?), the risks they are taking are life threatening.

This is big and they are fighting for their lives. They are fighting for freedom.

They are fighting for the freedom of speech that we here, as writers, take for granted.


http://www.tymoshenko.ua/uk/article/yulia_tymoshenko_15_01_2014_04


Petition to the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama for the release of Yulia Tymoshenko was supported by over 100 thousand people. Specifically, as of 12.13 on January 15 signed the document was 109 thousand 207 people. , "I am very grateful to all those who supported the petition for exemption Mom! Thanking you Now we are convinced more than ever that my mother will be free very soon! All those who believe and collecting votes for the petition - a big nod to our family, "- said Eugenia Tymoshenko. Daughter of Yulia Tymoshenko reminded that the petition was published in site of the White House on December 20 after the release of Khodorkovsky in Russia. "One can have four days to collect signatures, but already more than 100 thousand votes. This means that President Obama and his administration will have to respond to this our request, use all legitimate tools to release my mother as a political prisoner," - said she said.

When will people in power, especially those corrupt, realise that they are only attacking themselves with that behaviour?

Happiness doesn't come from harming others, or being selfish.
You only have to look at a spoilt child who has been given everything all it's life except some much needed corrective love, to see an example of unhappiness.

No, I believe true happiness is when our deeds reflect a deeper care for others above and beyond our own needs.
Only then does true satisfaction come from within, when we know we've truly done what we could, done the right thing, and our reward will be great. Right here and now.
If not, well we tried.

A post script to this blog;

http://eeas.europa.eu/statements/docs/2014/140117_01_en.pdf

Sparky

Quills Sig

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803602-Just-let-people-get-on-with-their-lives-freely-will-you