*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803905-Tips--writers-visiting-Sydney-on--budget-Elle-
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#803905 added January 20, 2014 at 7:24pm
Restrictions: None
Tips / writers visiting Sydney on / budget. Elle? :)
First up, get here.
From your country research cheap flights, even if only so far as Hawaii from the USA for example. Sometimes there are amazing deals.
Also try local flights that connect. If you are in no rush, you might chance on a very cheap holiday. Make sure you can get back home though eh? Australia can be dangerous, with dropbears, expensive internet and crazy politicians.
Try www.virginaustralia.com
Or www.jetstar.com

Look at sites like www.wotif.com for cheapest backpacking rates in Sydney.
I can recommend Sydney Central YHA opposite Central railway station, or the same deal but on the harbour.

I booked a bed in with 3 others for less than $50 a night, but there are cheaper ones. Thing is, here you can get the train from the airport, and take the train anywhere in Sydney / rest of Australia and the bus depot is here too.

There is a good introductory tour bus called the Explorer that you can get on and off for 24 hours. The two tours take you to Bondi Beach and the CBD for around $40, plus get dropped off back at your accommodation.
There are many touristy things to do, but more importantly, plenty of people to see / watch, lots of colourful things that happen and authorish places to visit for future material.
A working holiday where you can relax and write.
Unlike some parts of the world, here you have to buy WiFi, and I paid $5 for 24 hours unlimited.
In this Backpackers there is the In Cafe with a decent affordable menu. Plenty of Asian and other foods available everywhere close by.
T-bone Steak $17
*Smile*


PS. This is not a how to manual. Just hints. Use your brain.

Sparky

Quills Sig

© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803905-Tips--writers-visiting-Sydney-on--budget-Elle-