*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804028-Good-bye-Good-bye
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Animal · #1209690
This is my first attempt to be a blogger. I hope to type a few items that you will enjoy.
#804028 added January 21, 2014 at 1:18am
Restrictions: None
Good bye, Good bye
Here I am at a half past January 1st. I am typing this blog at midnight. No winds howl outside. The TV is in the other room sharing with me the last few moments of a basketball game.
I have just read a nice poem written here about a man's relationship with a friend. It was called "Sandcastles". In the end, the writer explained that his friend was gone and that he was sorry for this friend's sad life. We all have that situation.
Soon, a nice friend of mine will go away two times. First she will move in with her children, because she is old and is beginning a journey of memory loss. Alzheimer's disease is showing up. I am glad that someone in her family cares. The second loss will be obviously when she dies.
This lady is a nice person. Alzheimer's is a disease that does not care who it robs their memory. It is just like cancer in that it can go anywhere. I know that this lady would have done a lot in her community to help others. She would be the best adoring grandmother a child could want. But this was not meant to be.
I feel for all those who could have and would have, but will not live to do many good things. I see ads in the magazines and on television on requests for donations to continue research. I even give a little money from time to time. I just know that that magical cure may be just around the corner. I just hope that it is not too late for me.
I hope that I can think and laugh and live until a long, long time. Fingers are crossed.

© Copyright 2014 Dorianne (UN: jumacu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dorianne has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804028-Good-bye-Good-bye