*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806008-Silence-of-the-lambs-just-cold-mutton-without-dear-Hannibal
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#806008 added February 6, 2014 at 12:17am
Restrictions: None
Silence of the lambs; just cold mutton without dear Hannibal
Blogging badge


Anyone like stories with symbolism?

I gave this one a nudge along, attempting to overlay the basic plot with various "skins" of other-worldy and representative meanings.

 
STATIC
Yellow pages; the number of awakening...  (E)
Can you hear a noise? I'm sure it's...probably thnf semlinth plagnfth..
#1975678 by Sparky


How many double meanings, triple, quadruple and such, can you forcefeed into your scribblings? Can you work the magic? Get that keyboard clacking?

Can you try to stick sand into the grinding gears of normal, and pump it full of stuff that puzzles, intrigues, captures, mystifies and probably permanently confuses the reader?

And yet with all of that, write your story so that it still makes a kind of sense?

It's like reading a story that was written while high as a kite on drugs, yet not so. I think it's a fine line between writing a mysterious conundrum, and writing complete nonsense that really makes no sense.

Beware, when reviewing people's stuff, that you fall into a pit of blindness. Look at what they are doing through eyes of technique, and watch for the positive, assume they have a reason, and perhaps it will then jump out at you.

Or maybe they just plain suck at writing. Especially at 2-3 am when eyelids hang heavy and punctuation slides, slips away down that giddy slope of vagariness. And also vagueness.



I wonder what Lewis Carroll (double r, double l) was smokin' when he penned Alice in Wonderland. One huge splif, a big joint, a nasty smelling wad of weed wending it's wicked way into the wide whirls of his awareness. Whatever.

Sparky

Quills Sig

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806008-Silence-of-the-lambs-just-cold-mutton-without-dear-Hannibal