*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807763-early-weekendQA-for-campfire
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #388967
Daily notes and timed freewrites but mostly my blog
#807763 added February 21, 2014 at 11:00pm
Restrictions: None
early weekend/Q&A for campfire
Sweet! The plant where I work was closed early due to storm warnings. I work the nightshift and since there wasn't really much work to do the crew were sent home at lunch time (10:00 pm). Basically, we all got a snow day *Laugh*

This gives me the opportunity to start writing earlier this weekend. *Smile*


Question and answer; long answer for ongoing campfire:

Do you want me to write another story, based in that world, perhaps from one of the children's perspectives? I was thinking, maybe a bed time story explaining day and night.--Sounds perfect

Actually, the campfire does allow for Sci-Fi--the genre listing is Action/Adventure/Mythology/Sci-fi and if there had been a fourth slot I would have put Fantasy---so somewhere on this world is a fantastic place where fantasy creatures abound with their humanoid fantasy races. If you wish, you can add images to your story--maybe depict a story in a graphic book effect--or in my case I could do a coloring book effect--(although there is limited character space and the max may need to be extended to accommodate images). You got me thinking in images when you said you were in painting mode *Smile*

The Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Mythology aspect of this world will be anything you wish to bring in. It is a big world and many parts of it are unaware of each other--also the sci-fi aspect that can be introduced is that different times--literally different time/space zones--coexist on this world--Sea monsters really do exist when you sail over the edge of one zone into another. Remember how Cloud Atlas covered many people reincarnated over many periods of time? Well, this world takes things a bit further--instead of an elderman telling stories around a central fire in a fairly cronological order; we have each central character of each story of what ever time frame they exist within telling their story--this campfire will be an anthology of all the stories spoken or written or lived on this world told in a Mythological voice. Metaphor is the mythology tool--The world, Thrigga, is the mother, the smaller moon, Irridis, is her child, the larger moon, Rasim, is the father of the smaller moon after the incidental capture, struggle and rape of the mother...

If you notice I have used names from at least three if not four cultures found on our world--Thrigga (Norse); Irridis (possibly Greek but definately made up); Ramis (has an Arabic/Egyptian sound to it although it too was made up).

My creation of the universe/cosmos myth has at its core the Big Bang Theory that we have grown up with in our science classes at school. The sun is named Elpsa (taken from the label on a box of stapels). Rasdi is totally made up--but has an Arabic sound. Unes, Stresin, and Pontris are equally all made up. Unes has a northeastern European sound to it; while, Stresin sounds Germanic; and Pontris is a bit Latinish. Being English speaking Americans we are exposed to many language root words from every culture around the world. So it isn't hard to understand how when generating just 'thought up from the top of our heads' place and character names we can get such a variety of different sounding cultural names. Pater, by the way is Latin for father, I think---I need to look it up lmao.

© Copyright 2014 DyrHearte writes (UN: dyrhearte at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DyrHearte writes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807763-early-weekendQA-for-campfire