*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/808547-Jo-Rowlings-Diagon-Alley-Day-comes-once-every-4-years
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#808547 added April 10, 2014 at 6:43am
Restrictions: None
Jo Rowling's Diagon Alley Day comes once every 4 years
Blogging badge



When the famous Joanne Rowling (http://www.jkrowling.com/en_GB/)

{photo;ofJKRowlingifIhadoneofmyown} ,

wrote about Diagon Alley in Harry Potter (http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Diagon_Alley) there was a serious omission of detail.

Here, in the following video, some guy claims he's found the real location of the book / movie scene of Diagon Alley, in London - GB.



You can tell, in the many images of Jo that are available - if you search with Google, you can see for yourself her thoughtful expression; she knows there is something more to it all.

Yes, I wonder...I really wonder, if she thought anything about the 29th of February. The year that contains 366 days. Well, not really; it's just that for convenience sake, the extra day is added to one of the years instead of having a segment of a few hours and minutes. That could be confusing.

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/leapyear.html

So, now it's all so clear to you; non-confusing *Pthb* , I'd like to know how to squeeze a bunch of flowers, a card, maybe a box of chocolates, plus two people who'd like some room for a romantic cuddle, in between 12:00 midnight on the 28th of February 2014, and 00:00:0000000000 ad infinitum point 1 on the 1st of March 2014?

Where is it? Why hasn't someone come up with the answer, for all of us people who were married, or had birthdays, or started wars, or went on a trip to the moon? Why hasn't someone thought up a place where we can celebrate these things?

Sadly, there is no such location, and as the oft mistaken man expressionlessly stated, who manufactured the mixed up muggle movie about the Google Earth Street View location of Diagon Alley,

"All of you Harry Potter dorks" will just have to swallow the misery, and move on.

Same with us and our wedding anniversary. See, to us it was important to get married that day. We didn't notice anything amiss until that first year, when the entire day was gone. Not on any calendars, not on any rotating desk notepad, not even behind the toilet door on the cobwebby one there.

It's as missing and unattainable as the train station Platform 9 3/4. Yes, there is an official site so I suppose I'm grumbling about nothing except a sore head, banging it against a brick wall in London...

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2012/3/14/platform-9-34-attraction-gets-perman...

No body thought of where to put all those people, and I'm thinking that even JK Rowling, even Jo, with all her nutting out, and jotting down, and sizing up, never put her mind to this problem.

Yes, I know there's Leap Year, but it's just so long between drinks. By the time the next 29th comes around, the other 3 bouquets have dried up and fallen to bits, we've eaten the chocolates before the (teenage) kids got to them, and the cuddles just had to happen less frequently.



Sad really. Quite dreadful. Leaky Cauldrons having nothing on leaking eyes of your wife, and what's a man to do?
Search me. (Actually no thanks.) And search in vain for any sort of gap or magical wall slipped between midnight and an incredibly small increment of time before the first of March.

I looked for the gap in our town; an ideal spot - it's even near a pub, with some likely looking stone textured monumental architecture.



But ''twas not to be. I'm sorry, I really am. But it's just not there.

It seems there's as much chance of finding Diagon Alley, and the sliver of access in between the leap years, as there is of winning the Jackpot.



Not many.

Sparky

Quills Sig

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/808547-Jo-Rowlings-Diagon-Alley-Day-comes-once-every-4-years