*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809261-Vertical-take-off-book-shelves-Easier-to-read-titles
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#809261 added March 7, 2014 at 2:40am
Restrictions: None
Vertical take off book shelves? Easier to read titles...
Blogging badge


In the USA, the busy parts - anywhere on the globe I suppose, in the bigger centres, WiFi is taken for granted.

But out in the more isolated areas, where phone reception / Internet is concentrated - relative to economic and population considerations, you often can't use your phone, let alone the Internet.

However, there's a coffee shop / cafe in Coonabarabran, The Lunch Box, that is right next door to the library. The library has free WiFi 24/7. You just have an agreement to sign and away you go. Very handy place to have breakfast, and gather your thoughts. If you had thoughts at that hour of the day.

I've been thinking of my favourite books. Most of them are old, perhaps impossible to buy new, and not even second hand / cheaply any more. I only have a dozen or so books, so the following link was like a chocolate connoisseur gazing at a haul truck full of Cadbury's Rum N Raisin chocolate, or full of Hershey's.

http://bookriot.com/2012/03/14/libraries-of-the-rich-and-famous-part-one/

Writing stories comes from hearing them being told first. That's how it was with me anyway. My sister used to tell me stories at bedtime. I believe the time she spent doing this was why I began to have a keen interest in how words are pronounced.

Photo albums are like pages of stories. I was looking through some of Mum and Dad's old wedding photos, and other black and white prints of our farm house, back when I was a baby, and before I was born.

This set me thinking, I wonder what stories could be told by inanimate objects, if they could be spoken with.

Invalid Photo #1033789

Is it the movie Inception, or perhaps one of those series about Vampires I'm confused with, where objects can be "smelled" or "analysed" to regain the actions and "story" of that object; where it's been used, by whom, etc etc.

You know, we may not think about it much, but we are, right now, writing history that will be read / interpreted at some future time. What we do, say and write now will be the things they'll reminisce about, perhaps allot blame on us for mistakes / inaction / action / opinions and ideas of our generation.

Food for thought.

Sparky

Quills Sig

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809261-Vertical-take-off-book-shelves-Easier-to-read-titles