*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809696-Wheel-clamping-or-umbilical-clamping-both-done-too-early
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#809696 added March 11, 2014 at 1:58am
Restrictions: None
Wheel clamping or umbilical clamping; both done too early...
I've been reading about the onset of Dementia and Alzheimer's Disease. Thanks Sugar Rose Dupre for the emailed information.

These conditions can have confusing, hurtful and devastating effects on families. I don't know why the sad subjects are invading this blog at the moment, but it can't be dodged. Someone has to talk about it.

It's the appointments that are the worst. What time is the Doctors appointment? What day? Then a couple hours later, or the next morning, the relative is stressing again, about whether they have forgotten that important appointment. They know they are forgetful, and in this case, it stresses my poor mum.

Pic courtesy of the link

http://health.ninemsn.com.au/family/familyhealth/694905/bulging-waistline-could-...

No one has told me she has Dementia symptoms. The doctor said it's "just old age, after all she's 81". Is it just me or is OLD AGE a disease in itself?
Is DEATH a disease? Maybe one day a rebellious, outspoken, and determined Doctor, or scientist will crack the code, and produce an inoculation for Dementia. And for Death.
But they'll wait until you get passed 50 or 60 years old, because by then you should be able to afford the cost of the injection / tablet / nasal spray.
Yes! Eureka! We've cured that disease. Now nobody will succumb to Death again.

Right.

But then they'd have to cure Old AGE. Death is the current cure for Old Age. Imagine if people kept on living, yet having this disease called Aging. Woe! As it says in the Bible. Woe unto us all, if we weren't spared continuing faculty destitution, and had to face endless tomorrows, and interminable todays, just because we were no longer able to die.

Sometimes death is bliss, I'm sure of it. Happily I can't speak from experience.

http://www.everydayhealth.com/senior-health/1005/surprising-signs-of-dementia.as...

Yes, our longevity is clamped; limited to so many years, decades, times ups, three score years and ten (and a few more random days or years).

None too soon I think, when it comes to sour quality of life, forgetting who your own relatives are, and being a burden to everyone, especially yourself.

But what about clamping too early? Wheel clamps always seem to go on too early. Just a few minutes before you returned to your car. You knew time was short; you had left the restaurant, theatre, meeting, interview, shops, pub, club, tennis, CMAX, IMAX, market, CBD, whatever.

Nope. Too late, and there's the nice bright wheel clamp and all the inconvenience of having to find alternative transport, and the slug to your wallet or purse. OUCH.



Yes, too early. If only the Officer could have waited just a few more minutes.

I've heard that the trick with wheel clamps is to carry your own "copy" wheel clamp. Wherever you park, clamp your own wheel. Then the parking guys will assume their job's already been done, and hopefully leave yours alone. Hmm better make sure it's the right clamp type for the area. I'm betting they have a seal system that could be easily checked. Don't blame me!

Early clamping. Not on. And it's the same with Umbilical cords.

http://carlamorganhypnobirthing.com.au/delayed-cord-clamping-cant/

A very interesting article supported by the WHO, about cord clamping. I'm not familiar with this first hand, except that I was given some nasty looking "shears" to cut both my son's cords, and was surprised about what it felt like.

OK, imagine cutting off a babies arm. It's something I'd rather not think about, but when I performed this "father's privilege", I was shocked. That's exactly how it felt. Gristly, hard-ish, and still attached to mother and baby. I felt like I was doing something macabre, horrible and sickening.

But happily both survived for each son. Our daughter was an emergency Caesar and so this event was not up to me. She'd have been clamped fairly quickly I'd imagine. None of this 5-6 minute delay thing.

Hmmm. I guess it's worth spreading the word, if it is proven that a few minutes at that time boosts babies immune system, and perhaps is it such a stretch to imagine it could equate to less trauma. Maybe our teenagers who self harm, or feel insecure, or other self esteem issues, may be helped by such a simple change in procedures.

Any midwife's like to comment here?


Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809696-Wheel-clamping-or-umbilical-clamping-both-done-too-early