*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810289-Previous-web-log-retraction-due-to-being-total-nonsense
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#810289 added March 16, 2014 at 6:02am
Restrictions: None
Previous web log retraction due to being total nonsense
Blogging badge


Usually my entries have to be put in traction to get something useful for people to read, but this time I think a re-traction is in order.

What I said about the diet thing yesterday?

Perhaps it's all bollocks, because it's my philosophy for my own personal fitness regime. (That term regime always sounds like a rebel commando unit or something)
And I'm anything but fit. But, I'm workin on it.

I mean I've watched a few YouTubes about it, searching keywords such as beginner, or how to burn stomach fat, etc.



I hope it's suitable because I didn't watch it right through.

Seems fair enough. I chose this video because it appears to be more ordinary, if that makes sense. Less sales pitch and no pushing products etc. All good, although I noticed the lady trying not the check out the guy, and later she had to pull her pants up. Not exactly an edited vid. I guess it really is less professional than others. *Laugh*. Relaxed is the word.

The thing is, it's a confusing world, and who do you trust. It's as mind boggling as the world of medicine and doctors. Who do we believe.

And don't even mention writers! Those types would have to be untrustworthy, skulking around with their laptops, sitting in Cafes or Libraries trying to look as if they are famous, or know what they are doing. They sit amongst the books so that other people think, ahhh, that's good. Another novel getting "manufactured" to be squeezed on the shelf in among the others.

I wonder what it would be like if there was a huge library you could go to, and sit and read in, that contained every book / novel that anyone has ever written, published or not.

Man, there'd be some drivel wouldn't there? You'd have to sift through stacks of meaningless and boring rot, spend hours wading among tomes that wouldn't have got past the first editor's desk.

But, is this really the case? I sometimes entertain a startling notion.

What if the best books, or many of them, all go in the trash can? In the rubbish bin, as we say here in Australia. In the Otto bin, if you live in Sydney. In the wheelie bin, if you live in Tasmania. On the floor if you share a room with computer gamers, and / or teenagers.
What if already, many thousands of works of utter geniuses have been rejected and the writer has stormed off in rage, or opened that rejection slip filled envelope and immediately thrown the whole lot out, and gone off to be a bus driver, or sell raffle tickets for Apex.

What if there were many William Shakespeares?

Here's some pics from our local library here, couple of books and a reading list, plus one from our local supermarket that made me look twice. I guess it's the right way to say it, but it still seemed odd. Breads? Hmmm.







Sparky

Quills sig

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810289-Previous-web-log-retraction-due-to-being-total-nonsense