*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811068-The-Two-Seater
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #1982565
Journey in and out of the lives of Memories of family
#811068 added March 23, 2014 at 10:25pm
Restrictions: None
The Two Seater
I have been to a lot of different places and seen all kinds of beautiful sites in the process. There was Niagara Falls, a whale watch in the Atlantic Ocean, Pike's Peak, Ouray and the Arch in St. Louis to name a few. Nothing compared to family get away called the farm. It was nestled in by the mountains. You could see them as you looked out the window as the sunset and rose. What set the farm apart from all the other places was it's two seater outhouse.

People from all over would come to see this amenity and I would guess that many people have witnessed it have share about it with all who would care to know. As a young kid, I can not count the many times it bailed persons out. We would have as many as twenty people at a time. There was only one regular bathroom to accomodate us all. That good old outhouse was nearly always available for use and it was a great way to make friends with people you hardly knew. After getting some relief it felt good to share a good word with someone who could appreciate the effort. It was this communal kind of experience. We all dumped our refuse into one large hole. In a sense we were all one. More than anything I was glad there was someone to clean it up and I am glad it was not me.

Many family members met the love of their lives during there stay at the farm. The outhouse was the one true test as to whether a relationship would last or not. People were faced with learning to be patient. The one toilet that was in off the kitchen was prone to get stuffed up on occasion. When all seemed lost the couple could retreat to a place where they learned to get along. As a matter fact ninety percent of the couples that were introduced to the two seater are still married to this day and that all began thirty years. The farm has since been sold. The memory of the two seated outhouse will remain forever.
© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811068-The-Two-Seater