*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813851-Ridiculousness---Part-three
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1940894
Originally for the 30-Day Blog Challenge. Now just a blog about a flailing mermaid
#813851 added April 15, 2014 at 1:21pm
Restrictions: None
Ridiculousness - Part three
Welcome to my reality - week 2, prompt 2 - What made you question yourself today?

Okay, so I've put this off for too long. Here's part three… why I had to wear a £25 wedding dress from Amazon.
When it comes to the WTMR prompt, I'm not talking about today - I'm going back to last Wednesday. But I did question myself, so it seemed very fitting. The specific question I asked myself was: "what the hell am I doing?"

So, from "Ridiculousness - Part one you know about the horrendous moldy wedding dress and why I had to turn to the wonders of Amazon. But you do not know why all this was necessary….

Chris (my fiancee, if you don’t know) works for a disability charity locally. They are currently going through a rebrand and their new slogan is "I Can". So, despite being disabled I can xyz. This has been in the pipe line for a while and Chris would come in from work with their ideas of how they were going to launch and advertise their new brand - many involved Chris and I doing stuff. For example, there was one idea that involved a sky dive, to which I just rolled my eyes.
Another idea was for them to use us getting married in some sense. Again, I laughed it off. Until one day… BOOOM… "Hi Fran , we're doing a TV advert and we're going to be in it… getting married!"

Riggggght!

Before this actually happened, I did another photo shoot for them in my swimming costume/in the pool. These photos, I was told last week are going on buses and bus stops *Facepalm*

I honestly thought this wedding thing was a joke until Chris got home with that awful awful dress!

So, we arrive at Wednesday. I had to go to Chris' offices for 9:30 to get hair and make up done. There should be a photo below of Chris and I getting ready. I got ready, complete with:
*Flower3* Tiara
*Flower3* Flowers
*Flower3* Make up
*Flower3* Dress
*Flower3* Pins to hold the dress up
*Flower3* Timberland boots (figured they'd be out of shot *Laugh*

Then I had to drive half an hour to the chapel (the one we are actually getting married in). I honestly thought "crap, if I get pulled over by the police, I'm going to look like an absolute idiot!" Not that I didn’t look like an idiot when I got out my car in a white dress and black boots.

We didn't actually have to pretend to get married. We just had to pretend we had just got married. So, we stood, under a tree while people chucked rose petals at us. Loads of petals went down my front, in one shot. Wow that felt odd. We also had to take millions of shots of us kissing. Sheeesh. Chris said "I really hope our real wedding day is easier than this".

Now that I've written this, it doesn’t sound THAT ridiculous! But it really was. Sat in an office getting made up, walking round a massive open plan office in all that gear, driving in a tiara, the looks we got from the public wondering what the hell we're doing…

All for a TV advert that airs in May *Facepalm*


© Copyright 2014 Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ (UN: frannywill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813851-Ridiculousness---Part-three