*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/821511-HELP
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#821511 added July 3, 2014 at 12:48am
Restrictions: None
HELP
Prompt: Honestly, evaluate the way you respond to a crisis situation. Are you happy with the way you react?

I do not do well if you go by the way I dealt with an emotional tete a tete with my daughter. I turned a simple misunderstanding into a dire circumstance. In my mind I thought there is a fire raging how do I put it out. I called over and over. I texted and continuously told her I loved her. I was being dad. I talked to mom and discovered my daughter is stressed out by school and felt real bad about not being able to make it to Massachusetts with me. She tried over and over to make it work and found out that her students needed her and she needed space. Unfortunately I became the space that she needed.

I guess it turned out ok. I sought information from my ex even if it was uncomfortable. If I would have done that a week ago it would not have gotten so out of control. But this was my daughter you are talking about. She is still daddy,s little girl no matter how old she is. You are talking about something over the top catastrophic. When this dad can not get in touch with his daughter it is like a hurricane, tornado and nuclear holocaust all take place at the same time and place. Be glad you are not the object of my crisis.

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/821511-HELP