*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/826826-My-day-today
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1940894
Originally for the 30-Day Blog Challenge. Now just a blog about a flailing mermaid
#826826 added September 1, 2014 at 2:09pm
Restrictions: None
My day today
Hey there,

So it seems I've gone mad and signed up for a ton of writing challenges, including "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS ... I've not done this since last July! Wish me luck.
Unfortunately, there hasn't been a prompt so far today, and because I live on UK time I don't really want to wait it out for a prompt that may never come.... I do need to sleep, y'know. Even if it is on the sofa.

So, I just thought I'd talk about my day today. "oh no, how dull!" I hear you cry. Yes, yes, it probably is!
Not that dull though, since I got up at 4:30am! As you do! For no reason, none at all - other than the fact that I was awake! So, I had some coffee and a few white sticks that burn and smoke *Rolleyes*. Then I watched two episodes of Six Feet Under and did a few crosswords. Again, as you do at 4:30am! I then...blah, blah, blah, boring, boring, boring...

Oh actually, before I go on. At lunch I decided I fancied experimenting. So, I took the first bite of my sandwich in the middle (opposed to from the corner). It was wrong in every way and I'll never do it again!

When I ventured onto WDC, I instantly realised it was birthday week and all hell broke loose in my little brain. Its that time again... the week(s) when the WDC birthday celebrations take over your life! You always say it wont. You always say you wont lose control, obsess and wont try to do everything at once. But, you DO!!

So far, I have decided I want to do the following: "Invalid Item, "a very Wodehouse challenge, "Invalid Item, and all poetry will go towards "Invalid Item - I'll also be trying for that challenge too! Eeek! Too much, maybe? *Facepalm* As you can see, I'm expanding the poetry obsession I have recently developed!!

Today, I have written:

 Broken Foot: Set Me Free  (E)
I need setting free from this cycle of nonsense
#2007231 by Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️


 The Fairy Queen Battle  (E)
A Fairy Queen prepares for battle
#2007253 by Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️


For this second one, I spent hours trying to teach myself about meter. I did an awful job of teaching myself, so *shrug* I dunno!

I also did some planning for something VERY exciting that is happening next month. I can't tell you anything other than I'm excited and I have to give a speech and attend a posh dinner. I may consider exchanging my top secret secret for bribes!!

Right, I think that'll do. But to end, I just want to copy the note I wrote earlier...


"If I look at the date I joined WDC, I know this was a time when my life was an utter mess. This is echoed in one of the first items I added to my port – "Swimming to the End!" .
Unfortunately, at that time, I had no idea how great this website and I didn’t stick around for long. Not long enough to comprehend the awesomeness.
A year later, I got my “Account Anniversary” email and decided to come back. This time, my life was less of a mess and I was ready to explore. I gave WDC a chance and never looked back – never left!
Sometimes life is great, sometimes its not. But either way, now I can come here. I can come here and moan, or I can come here and celebrate. Whatever I do, I can rely on the fact that I have a mass of friends who will support me.
When I came here, I knew I could write but I didn’t have any written items. Now I have loads and I can’t stop! I am inspired each and every time I come here

I owe so much to WDC. I am so grateful for this website. I am so grateful for this wonderful community. I am so grateful for all my wonderful friends. I am so grateful for Diane and all the hard work she does behind the scenes. Most of all, I am so grateful for The The ScaryMaster and The StoryWitchress for having an idea, running with it, putting hours of work in, and creating a wonderful world that I never want to leave!"

© Copyright 2014 Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ (UN: frannywill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/826826-My-day-today