*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828757-The-Ultimate-Grammar-Nerd
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1940894
Originally for the 30-Day Blog Challenge. Now just a blog about a flailing mermaid
#828757 added September 23, 2014 at 1:34am
Restrictions: None
The Ultimate Grammar Nerd
30 DBC - 22nd September - Prompt: Is there a particular rule of grammar that irks you when you see it has been broken?

When I first saw this prompt this morning, I read "rule of grammar" as "type of grammar" (it was 6am and I hadn't had coffee yet). My reaction, in my head, went something like this:

Type of grammar? TYPE of grammar???? What on earth is a TYPE of grammar??? Grammar is grammar!! *Facepalm*


Then I had coffee and started getting ready, thinking this:

Shit! What if there are different types of grammar!? What if I've just made an idiot of myself in front of my own brain!?


So, while I was being driven to a meeting at a school two hours away, I googled "types of grammar". Embarrassingly, I actually googled "types of grammer" but shhhh *Facepalm*.
Turns out, I did make an idiot of myself in front of my own brain! Apparently, there are ten types of grammar. huh! Look: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 types of grammar  
All very well and good. But, I'm going to be completely honest with you guys... At this moment in time, I have absolutely no clue what anything in that article actually means. Don't get me wrong, I'm a reasonably intelligent person so could probably work it all out. It's just I have a migraine coming on and, frankly, I don't want to! *Bigsmile*

Anyway, I've just used 1600 characters answering a prompt that wasn't actually the prompt. Impressive, huh? So let me start again:

30 DBC - 22nd September - Prompt: Is there a particular rule of grammar that irks you when you see it has been broken?

Nope, not really. Just... ALL OF THEM!


Grammar: the difference


I just grammar harshly. But surprisingly not AS much on WDC - go figure - unless I'm reviewing. If I read something formal and it has a grammatical error, I find it very difficult to take it seriously. If it has several, I consider the 'return to sender option'. *Laugh*

Grammar: education


My best friend has a new boyfriend and she has shown me some of his text messages. But only to make me want to cry! The guy used 'to', 'too' AND 'two' all in one message, and they ALL meant the wrong thing. I'm fairly lenient on grammar in texts, blogs and social media, but that just hurt my skin.
Don't get me wrong. Good education doesn't equal good grammar, and vice versa. Chris has three degrees and his grammar is awful.

On that note, I'd like the end this part of the post, with this guy...

Grammar: the original


In Other News:

*Note1* I do genuinely have a migraine coming on so I feel pretty unwell, so I don't have much "other news"
*Note1* Today marks the 9 prompt countdown until the end of this round of 30DBC, 9 day countdown until I get my cast off, and 9 day countdown until I can (hopefully) share my top secret secret.

Today's Yellow Brick
Follow these to get to my secret



*Right* 1470 *Left*



Clues so far:


*Note3* I am not pregnant
*Note3* It has absolutely nothing to do with bricks
*Note3* 14th October 2014
*Note3* I'm going somewhere
*Note3* I'm not actually leaving my city
*Note3* I've got four guests going with me!
*Note3* I need to find something to wear
*Note3* There will be a posh meal involved
*Note3* I'm getting something
*Note3* The outfit I find needs to match Royal Blue and Gold... or should try to, at least
*Note3* Apples *Apple*
*Note3* Changing corn
*Note3* Kylie Minogue has one


Guesses so far:


I'm hoping that by the end of this challenge (30th September) I will be allowed to share. So, for the next twenty days, I will give you a yellow brick at the end of each (or most) of my blog entries. With each brick will be a clue pointing towards what my top secret secret is! You can all have one guess each day. The first person to guess correctly will win a Mystery MB from me. I will NOT tell you if you're right or wrong until I know I am allowed to announce. If I am allowed to announce before the end of the 30DBC, the clues will become more obvious.
So, to sum up, use my daily clues to guess my secret. Be the first and you'll win a Mystery MB.


© Copyright 2014 Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ (UN: frannywill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828757-The-Ultimate-Grammar-Nerd