*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828976-Poetry-Therapy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1940894
Originally for the 30-Day Blog Challenge. Now just a blog about a flailing mermaid
#828976 added September 24, 2014 at 12:47pm
Restrictions: None
Poetry Therapy
30 DBC - 24th September - Prompt: Sean Haldane is a nominee for the post of Professor of Poetry at Oxford University. He said, "I now think poetry has more capacity to change people than psychotherapy." What do you think about this statement?

Hmmm I initially sighed at this prompt as I thought it didn't inspire me. However, I think I'm inclined to agree.

I read this book back in about February:


Its an autobiography, in a sense, about how Rachel used poetry and words to help her through her depression. I could understand where she was coming from throughout the whole book. But I couldn't relate to her use of poetry in dark times, but wished I could. Maybe my dark times wouldn't have been so, well, dark! I have only recently discovered poetry and it's value. Now that I have, I can see where Rachel and Haldane are coming from.
I'm not sure it is something that would work for everyone, but I can see how it could help - if people were open enough to embrace it!
I definitely feel better about things if I get the chance to write things down!

Umm...that said, I'm not really sure where to go with this now. *Laugh*

Today's Yellow Brick
Follow these to get to my secret


*Right* Chris' dad has been quoted as saying "they don't give these out in cereal packets, you know! *Left*


Clues so far:


*Note3* I am not pregnant
*Note3* It has absolutely nothing to do with bricks
*Note3* 14th October 2014
*Note3* I'm going somewhere
*Note3* I'm not actually leaving my city
*Note3* I've got four guests going with me!
*Note3* I need to find something to wear
*Note3* There will be a posh meal involved
*Note3* I'm getting something
*Note3* The outfit I find needs to match Royal Blue and Gold... or should try to, at least
*Note3* Apples *Apple*
*Note3* Changing corn
*Note3* Kylie Minogue has one
*Note3* 1470
*Note3* "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple"

Guesses so far:


I'm hoping that by the end of this challenge (30th September) I will be allowed to share. So, for the next twenty days, I will give you a yellow brick at the end of each (or most) of my blog entries. With each brick will be a clue pointing towards what my top secret secret is! You can all have one guess each day. The first person to guess correctly will win a Mystery MB from me. I will NOT tell you if you're right or wrong until I know I am allowed to announce. If I am allowed to announce before the end of the 30DBC, the clues will become more obvious.
So, to sum up, use my daily clues to guess my secret. Be the first and you'll win a Mystery MB.


© Copyright 2014 Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ (UN: frannywill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828976-Poetry-Therapy