*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/829290-The-End-of-the-Yellow-Brick-Road
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1940894
Originally for the 30-Day Blog Challenge. Now just a blog about a flailing mermaid
#829290 added September 28, 2014 at 8:18am
Restrictions: None
The End of the Yellow Brick Road
30 DBC - 26th September - Prompt:The Sunday Resonance: Review your peers. Tell us your favorite blog entry from your fellow challengers from the preceding week and, importantly, why. Share also with us which of your own blog posts you think stands out.

Once again, I'm torn with this week's blogging attempts. I'm not entirely sure the prompts have been for me. Yesterday I struggled with creative Saturday. I also really struggled with the Sound prompt - I couldn't think of anything to write. Mind you, looking back, "Important numbers ... ish and "The funny one were kinda fun *Smirk*.
As a whole, I've really enjoyed taking part in the 30 DBC. It sounds very sad, but its given me something to do over the last month. Being stuck at home for the last 7 weeks has been a bit hard, but I think I've made the most of the time by writing as much as I can (not just 30 DBC). I hope I can keep it up when I properly start back at work. I rarely do a full 5 days at work, so I'm thinking I can spend the rest of the time writing... maybe *Wink*.

Soooo... Looking at other people's posts... lets see. I've been a bit poor at commenting - I apologise for that.

Elle - on hiatus 's Funny Friday post cracked me up because I love Damn You Auto-Correct - "Laughter
I also think Prosperous Snow celebrating took a great approach to the sound prompt - "Opinion Thursday: What was that sound?


The End of the Yellow Brick Road

Follow it to get to my secret


So, I'm not really supposed to share my secret just yet. But I figure a few days early on here won't do any harm. That's the beauty of WDC - you guys are part of my life but you're far enough removed that I feel I can be myself and share things I may not ordinarily share. Actually, the fact that you guys get to see ALL my writing gives you more knowledge than some of my closest friends. The other day, my best friend said "I didn't know you wrote poetry"... yup.

Anyway, big congratulations to Elle - on hiatus who guessed my secret REALLY early on and made me rethink every single one of my clues! Cheers for that *Laugh* Also, congratulations to 💙 Carly - aka Joan Watson , who narrowed it down even further. When I say even further, I actually mean to the letter!! You will both be sent a Mystery MB in due course...

My top secret secret is that on 14th October 2014, I am being awarded with an Honourary Doctorate of Health Science! I'm getting this for my sporting achievements, my charity work and my work in schools.
A small part of me feels like a bit of a fraud - If I wanted to, I know I could get a real PhD, but after getting my Masters I decided to stop. But I do feel great that my efforts are being recognised!

Eight years ago, I had such poor grades that I had to blag my way into University. Now, I have two very good degrees and the people who took a chance on me, are honouring my work... it feels pretty good!

*Confettiv**Confettiv**Confettiv**Confettiv**Confettiv**Confettiv* Tah daaaahh!!*Confettiv**Confettiv**Confettiv**Confettiv**Confettiv**Confettiv*


© Copyright 2014 Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ (UN: frannywill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/829290-The-End-of-the-Yellow-Brick-Road