*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/832205-Penultimate-employment-opportunity-genuine-genre-display
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#832205 added October 24, 2014 at 9:28pm
Restrictions: None
Penultimate employment opportunity; genuine genre display
If this ethnological exposition still operated today, imagine the jobs created for us writers!



We could sit back in our various settings, complete with whatever writing medium and paraphernalia was fitting for that era and type of literature, and be paid to live, write and eat. Writers rarely sleep so the zookeepers would be happy with our performance. We'd be supplied with endless reams of paper, and unlimited internet. There would be a huge library for research, second to none. Yes, I'm sure people would flock to see the spectacle.

http://www.messynessychic.com/2012/03/02/the-haunting-human-zoo-of-paris/

Yes, they'd eagerly cram through the gates in their Victorian finery, walking canes, parasols, trimmed mustaches with curled up wingtips, suits with tails, ladies wearing hoop dresses and bonnets. Perhaps they would have picnics on the lawn in front of the Novelist display, trills of lady-like laughter, guffaws of gentlemanly jocoseness, and the odd pointed finger wisecrack aimed at the sad looks of misery on our faces.

It would all be an act of course. We wouldn't be sad, being taken from our homes, taken from our mother lands, taken from our families and loved ones, to be forced to write. We'd be delighted to sit and pen stories and poems, songs and ditties, just to know that we were bringing pleasure to the masses, that we were of anthropological use to the hordes of humanity.

Imagine how much better educated they'd leave this modern show of tasteful art? Yes, far more enlightening than any degree obtained in yonder University or College. No, you couldn't BUY this sort of experience. No. This sort of inventiveness and proficiency could only otherwise be acquired by forced cooperation.

And no one would do that to another human. Nope.

Perhaps I make light of something I shouldn't. But will we turn full circle, as a human race of culture seeking treasure hunters, to ignorantly yet with wild zealots eyes, grasp at those ideals of force, that take away the freedom of some, using the excuse of something or other, that those with the power decide is right. What group would we, or will we, target next? Those that have the audacity to do such and such?

By not naming any group, I'm deliberately implying that we should search our own minds and direction of purpose. It isn't segregation that does the damage, its the enjoyment of power, isn't it? And the film of blindness over our far seeing eyes isn't healthy happiness, is it? Instead, it could well be the madness of human pride, arrogance, ignorance and willing wantonness.

Or in my case, it might just be a consuming desire for coffee, cookies and compilation. (Of stories)

Sometimes, enthusiasm, and zeal, can be a dangerous thing.

Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/832205-Penultimate-employment-opportunity-genuine-genre-display