*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/834001-Get-ready-for-the-end-of-life-as-we-wrote-it
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#834001 added November 13, 2014 at 8:24pm
Restrictions: None
Get ready for the end of life as we wrote it
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/reality

Reality. It's what we want to create when we write a story, so that the reader believes enough to be immersed in the world of our characters.

Could we improve our methods of doing this to such a degree that people couldn't leave the confines of our narrative? Imagine if this could be done, becomes possible, and will happen some time in the future.

Would it be like this...?



Perhaps Michael from Vsauce can help us along the way, in the video below, to understand some parameters of what is real, or maybe he's just too weird, as the comments below his video suggest. Sometimes I think if people sat back and really looked at what they say in comments on all these things on the internet, they'd realise how weird they are themselves. Still, the comments section is a form of entertainment in itself, and a bottomless well of story ideas. Luckily no one has woken up to this "oil field" of writing material gems / food for literary thought, and decided to charge for it per barrel.



And just so we know that writing isn't limited to subjects of illuminati or illumination, we have this expose on how darkness can be made to look like something of substance, look like it exists, look like just an opposite of light.

http://youtu.be/JTvcpdfGUtQ

We all know it is merely the absence of light, but try telling this to someone trapped, without a supply of light, given only unlimited use of darkness- free of charge.



Yes, I beleive it is possible to fool our readers; perhaps fool is too strong a word, into believing a lie, believing something completely against rational thinking, beleive something that not only doesn't exist, but something bad, unprofitable, malignant, discouraging, and basically wrong.

And have those same readers enjoy the experience.

We truly live in a crazy, upside down world of madness. Our stories are all lies, and thats the truth. Beleive me.

Reality is a thing. Isn't it?

Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/834001-Get-ready-for-the-end-of-life-as-we-wrote-it