*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836682-Day-11---WDC-Soundtrackers-Days-of-Christmas--Spontaneity
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#836682 added December 19, 2014 at 9:33pm
Restrictions: None
Day 11 - WDC Soundtrackers; Days of Christmas & Spontaneity
Today's blogs...

Blog City – Day 290


"Being spontaneous is being able to respond with confidence; calmly trusting that, whatever the outcome, you will have a positive if challenging experience that will lead to greater self-awareness and success.” ~Sylvia Clare

β€œI may be going nowhere, but what a ride.” ~Shaun Hick

β€œPlans are invitation to disappointment.” Derek Landy

Do you believe spontaneity leads to a richer fuller life? Or do you believe that planning every intricate detail is the only way to have a fuller successful life? I've given you three different quotes about spontaneity, which one describes your life?


I really like the first quote the best. It resonates for me in a way that opens things up. It puts a positive spin on being spontaneous. Sometimes I find being spontaneous and following your heart leads you to some interesting places and lets you discover bits of yourself.
Like my writing, I tend to be a bit of a planner and a pantser - going by the seat of my pants in a spontaneous kind of way. I like to plan certain aspects and leave the rest up to adventure. That way I hopefully hit the planned parts... but if I don't, I understand they were not written in stone and it was not my time to experience them. It is all good.

Some situations, like in a classroom, need planning to provide structure, but I think it is important to listen to your students. I have had lessons go off track because my class has shown an avid interest in a certain component and I decided that following that really had them engaged and getting something out of the experience... that is what learning is all about. To be stuck in the structure cuts off that possible engagement. One needs to stay open to possibilities. This openness to the process follows Sylvia Clare's quote the closest.

So to answer the question I think a full life is one that incorporates a bit of spontaneity and planning. Being flexible even within your plans is important as it allows you to discover things you would not have if you stuck to the planned activity without any wavering. Planning gives you a sense of structure and purpose, but it is not written in stone. Stay open and life will bring you many delights.

Border for my personal use.


** Image ID #2014892 Unavailable **


Day 11 – WDC Soundtrackers: 12 Days of Christmas


Get ready to cry... Christmas Shoes. This one gets me every time and since I know it... I start to cry right off the bat. To loose a parent at any time, but at Christmas it seems harder. The year my grandfather died my Gramzie also lost her best friend (all in 11 days)... when we went up to Grandpa’s funeral she was able to see Mrs. Fry in the hospital. That was her saving grace. Gramzie took the losses in stride. I think she took them better than the rest of us.

It reminds me that I have my family and friends and they are all healthy. I also reminds me to cherish my friends and family because we all have only so long on this earth.

Merry Christmas to you all and may this holiday time be safe and healthy for all of you and your family and friends.




© Copyright 2014 πŸ’™ Carly - aka Joan Watson (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly - aka Joan Watson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836682-Day-11---WDC-Soundtrackers-Days-of-Christmas--Spontaneity