*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839335-My-Opinions-of-Opinions
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1940894
Originally for the 30-Day Blog Challenge. Now just a blog about a flailing mermaid
#839335 added January 23, 2015 at 5:41pm
Restrictions: None
My Opinions of Opinions
30-Blogging Challenge - Day twenty-two
Prompt: Today I'm throwing something out there - winging it. I've heard it said that, "Opinions are like @$$holes, everybody has got one."
One of my favourite uncles shared (with me) his secret way of responding to anyone who shared any kind of an opinion with him.
After patiently listening, he would look straight back in the persons eyes and say, "So what." Think about this happening to you...
Nasty uncle Harold just responded to your opinion with a deadpan "So what." How do you respond in return?
or
What's your opinion on opinions?


I know! I'm a day behind again! This annoys me. I was in the car or meetings (mostly car) for twelve hours yesterday. When I got in yesterday I had fully intended to write something. But I nipped to the loo upstairs and realised I could no longer move. My foot was absolutely killing me (I have Achilles Tendonitis) and since I had another four hours in the car today, I just crawled to bed and stayed there.

Right now, I'm writing this while watching football - Cambridge United (tiny club) play Manchester United (a world class, Β£muti-million, club). It's kind of fun to see my little city get loads of attention - even if we do lose (if we win, I'll wish I put a bet on *Facepalm*). Man United have about Β£300 million worth of footballers on the field. To be honest, you can't tell. Shh

I guess I better get to the prompt, given that I need to catch up...

The premise of this prompt is good. However, the questions are a little to vague for my liking. Meaning I have no idea how to answer!

Obviously, that is just my opinion. Ahh, but what is my opinion on opinions?



What are the opinions in question? It totally depends.

In the most part, it is important to accept that everyone has opinions and, in order to be respectful, it is best to listen to these. Sometimes you might not agree with opinions. But life would be incredibly dull if everyone agreed.

What I hate, and try not to do, is opinions when the person has no clue what is going on...



This is why I hate commenting on news etc... I mostly have no fucking idea what is going on. Plus, I don't really have time to care (god I sound harsh today!)



On the whole, I try not to let opinions keep me awake. What's the point? I'm like a lion...



Ahhh balls, this has taken so long (due to the football) that I’m now shattered and need sleep. I’ll need to do days 23 and 24 tomorrow. It’s okay though, I already have day 23 sorted in my head. It’ll be written before most of you are awake

© Copyright 2015 Fran πŸŒˆπŸ§œβ€β™€οΈ (UN: frannywill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fran πŸŒˆπŸ§œβ€β™€οΈ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839335-My-Opinions-of-Opinions