*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/845833-I-Dreamt-a-Dreamof-a-Farm
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#845833 added April 4, 2015 at 7:20pm
Restrictions: None
“I Dreamt a Dream”…of a Farm
Prompt: You've been invited to a spring food festival, celebrating farm fresh fruits, cheeses and meats. Why do you think food tastes better when it comes straight from a farm? Would you consider living on a farm? Why or Why not?

-----------------

This prompt is so after my heart, I can’t even begin to put it in words. Definitely, there is no alternative good enough for the freshly picked fruits and vegetables from one’s own garden or the produce from animals one builds a relationship with.

Although I am too old for farm life now, when we lived in NY, I wanted to move to a farm very much, but the vocations kept us in the city life My only comfort was the two-acre backyard in the shape of a hilly rectangle in Long Island. In that space, I fenced a large piece of land for raising organic vegetables and, in another section, roses. I had 55 different species of roses and one rose tree on which I grafted five different rose bushes. We also had fruit trees and many other plants and tall trees. It was the best time in I ever had, and thus began my love of farm life.

My sons and I tried to make my husband to agree to get a small farm, and we even had a piggy bank in which we put any coins or excess dollars we had for this venture, but he said, and rightfully so, “We know nothing about farm life. It’ll ruin us financially.” Even the existing farms that had come down from generations were going bankrupt at the time, so we didn’t have a leg to stand on with this wish. I still admire farmers and farm life, but not much hope or energy exists to deal with such a wish anymore.


© Copyright 2015 Joy-the Harpy Witch (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy-the Harpy Witch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/845833-I-Dreamt-a-Dreamof-a-Farm