*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/846358-Edging-Away-from-the-Tomorrow-Concept
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#846358 added April 9, 2015 at 1:11pm
Restrictions: None
Edging Away from the Tomorrow Concept
Prompt: "The Edge Of Tomorrow." What does this mean to you?

----

This, I found out, is the title of a military sci-fi movie with Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt, which I haven’t watched. To put it bluntly, for this reason of ignorance alone, I give me permission to write whatever pops up inside my mind. (As if I ever needed permission for that!)

Talking about tomorrows, let’s say tomorrow is a blank slate, and while standing at its edge, I am faultless since I didn’t do anything…yet. Tomorrow is a dream at this point, but when tomorrow becomes yesterday, you can bet I have stepped in all the you-know-whats thrown in my way by then.

Luckily, my edge turns into a hedge right away, preventing me from the full vision of that once-clean tomorrow which turned into yesterday. By the way, it is not a copout to view yesterdays through blinders, if I want to keep my sanity intact and not wallow in self-pity, even if you may want to say my sanity is not so intact.

The edge of tomorrow also can become the minutes of today when I go to bed at night. These sometimes make me lose my sleep, because the clean slate image has evaporated now and the threat of a ghastly monster lurking in shadows of the morning hours is about to take over, making this the time of the day to produce and wallow in horror stories pertaining to my life.

“tomorrow is our permanent address” says e.e.cummings. For all I’m concerned, he can stay in that permanent address. I’m perfectly happy with my today, no matter how I mess it up, and as I have never been suicidal, I don’t like standing on any edges.


© Copyright 2015 Joy-the Harpy Witch (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy-the Harpy Witch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/846358-Edging-Away-from-the-Tomorrow-Concept