*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851396-Avoiding-or-procrastination
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#851396 added June 11, 2015 at 10:16am
Restrictions: None
Avoiding or procrastination?
Just returned from my morning walk and got caught in a little misty rain. It felt good, even a couple puddles to trample through.

My doctor's appointment is this afternoon and I have made it through the seven days on 5 mg of prednisone with just a few tiny tweaks of pain, nothing I cannot handle.

My creative writing class (your way) started yesterday with not much that was new to me. She had us free write for ten minutes, then read aloud. Our assignment is to write about one person, one place, one time period in our life using the garland method, known to me as the wheel or circle with spokes from previous classes. Next time she is going to have us describe an object to a blind person. That sounds interesting...all the other senses involved. I am especially interested in organizing my individual stories into a memoir. She says I need to pick a theme or thread (not new to me either)...but first I have to find one. She talked about different ways to write memoir including an ethical will (passing on values and life lessons) and a cookbook memoir...hmmmm. Since I became vegetarian a few years ago and threw out all my meat recipes, I think I can rule that one out. There are only three of us in the class so there should be plenty of time for individual attention. I know, I just need to get on with it.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2015 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851396-Avoiding-or-procrastination