*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851730-Blogging-Buddies
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#851730 added June 16, 2015 at 12:24pm
Restrictions: None
Blogging Buddies
We have a forecasted high of 99 for today and tomorrow, much much much too hot for June, even in Florida. The birds have deserted the feeders, panting in disgust, only visiting the water bowls.

I went to my first blog critique pod yesterday and, as my friend, Sue, would say, "It was a hoot." There were five of us, some old, some not so, and the helpful attitude of each member was palpable. I am scattered, but of course I knew that. The good side of being scattered (in my blog focus) is that there is fodder for more than one in each of my posts. I'll work on that, but my mind does not want to stay in one spot for very long. Is that a "me" thing?

Each of us writes a draft post for our blog one week before our meeting and posts it in a mutual dropbox folder set up especially for our group. We download the other members' drafts to our word program and critique using tracking changes, then drop them back into dropbox before the meeting. At the meeting we take turns explaining our notes to each person (who must remain quiet during their draft's critique - comments at the end). It worked beautifully, and it was interesting to note that many of our comments were repeated by others in the group, a unique, and instant, reinforcement to the critiquee. Can't wait till next month :)

until next time...c

© Copyright 2015 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851730-Blogging-Buddies