*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854683-More-Than-One-Part
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#854683 added July 18, 2015 at 7:42am
Restrictions: None
More Than One Part
I happened to be outside working in the yard the other day when my mail person came. We have always been friendly so I strolled out to get my mail and chat a minute. She surprised me by saying she would be retiring at the end of this month after 35 years of delivering the mail.

I expressed my sadness at losing her excellent delivery service and also my happiness that now she would be able to do all those things that made her happy. To my astonishment she replied, yes, I'm an artist you know.

No, I didn't know. It's amazing how we "know" people and yet we only know one part of them. Turns out she is a stained glass and mosaic artist. I don't think I've seen any of her work but I may have and not known it. I never knew her last name. She was always just "Debbi", the mail lady.

Happily, we committed to remaining in touch, even getting together for coffee or lunch sometime in the near future. I left a card in my box for her with my phone number and the next day she left me her "card"...Moonstruck Studios. Now I have her whole name and phone number and am looking forward to getting to know more sides of her.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2015 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854683-More-Than-One-Part